In a first for a long time I have not touched a miniature with a brush for a week now! with the weather finally warming up I have spent time instead in my real nurgle garden. I did however after 6 months get to play a game.
Over the last year we have been playing the WWII Normandy boardgame Undaunted. This was the 12th and climatic final of the campaign. I have been playing the Germans and going into this scenario I was losing overall 9 games to 2! Through good shooting early on I managed just to hold on and pin down the Allies to win the last game. Overall it was a rolling victory for the allies. I like to think I played in character!
I highly recommend this game, it plays brilliantly and thrillingly with great repeat value, as no two games will be the same. I already brought the second North Africa campaign that came out last year and they are bringing out an expansion set about now too.
One of the reasons I have not painted anything for so long is the increasing mess and decay around my small paint area. Sunday will be spent reorganising my modelling affairs and order will be brought back from ruin.
As I was given four CP Miniatures Stone Trolls as a birthday gift, I felt it would be good to paint one, I guess scale wise I would put them nearer Trollkins then Troll size. I think I might use them as part of a ‘good’ force, their slightly movie look lends them to that.
Finished one more elf for the elf shelf, this time a wardancer. Little bit rushed but that’s a good thing, I need numbers not nicety!
I’m getting more hopeful of actually getting some games in soon as it’s has been quite a while now. Long enough if I had used careful planning, to have done much more than I have.
It is my birthday tomorrow, I will be officially on Elf Time (I don’t know what that is, I just made it up!). May not get much done for a few days as I need to go out of the wyrd!
The Carrion crawler below I painted last year. Strangely the varnish still feels kind of tacky and I am beginning to wonder if the thing not lives!
Must say I do enjoy reading all of your blogs and they inspire me to push on with the never ending war against the unpainted grey figure mountain that I live with. Not helped today as I picked up the GW Underworlds Wurmspat, but it is more Nurgle so all is good. I am just hoping the they bring back the Fimir!
Couple more done although the list of mistakes on the wood elf captain is a bit shocking! Messed up the eyes and then realised I may of painted his upper arms as if clothed, when on closer inspection they look bare. I do have a duplicate to paint at some point so will try and rectify the errors.
As for the beastmaster, I do have the boar for the elven boarmaster but haven’t located it yet.
One more wood elf finished and more lined up vying for position with Kobolds. My painting time this weekend has been interrupted by research into the cowboy game, Dead Man’s Hand! I have a growing feeling about this.
Made a start on what will be a Wood Elf army once again. All the figures I have from the early days will need to be cleaned and painted again. A bit of a daunting task but I know I will enjoy doing them. so I started with a Wood Elf champion to get me in the mood! As for Kobolds, well there’s a bit going on but I admit I need a break from them.
Really not much to show on the newly painted front. Spent the weekend avoiding all my current projects, instead I started sorting through all my old elves. These have been sitting in a box for twenty years at least, most require repainting so have picked out a dozen to start with.
Still plugging away at Kobold’s and although I failed to finish the assassin I did get the first of four fire snakes done. Little bit of an unfussy paint job on this one although I regretted not removing a few of the bad mould lines. Not sure now whether to vary the snakeskin or not on the other three. I also made up the eyes again, really they are covered by a hood and there is only a small slit where the eye is!
I also need to get on with the board for the game, I need a trip to the hardware shop at some point! In the mean time I am still readying the profiles of the two factions. These two greenskins have been enlisted and I am sure a squig rider would be good for a joust with the snake above. I painted these back in Feb this year. The goblin spear is another one from that very first slotta blister I brought and the pre-slotta is the vile goblin from the early Citadel monster starter set.
Most of my painting sessions this weekend have been an attempt to distract me from Kobolds. I am hopeful of finishing another later however so all is good.
Friday night I painted a citadel dwarf villager that I’ve had a very long time. I seem to remember painting some of the others but for some reason not this one. The eyes alluded me again, I thought one was closed as if in yawning, but I couldn’t make that work so did them open. This one was called ‘off to bed’ and he’s finally painted so I guess he now can go!
To distract myself more on Saturday I went for another Plaguebearer, mainly because of my ruling, that all Plaguebearer’s must be immediately painted when found.
Right I’m off to finish a Kobold and hopefully prime up some more for a resolved effort this week!